Business Development Representative (BDR)
Individual Contributor in Major US City - 100% remote
WHY YOU WILL LOVE US
Activator Dealers Solutions (Dominion Enterprises & Dominion Dealer Solutions) is looking for a high energy and dynamic Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our growing sales organization. We are seeking a self-starter to generate qualified prospects for the sales organization. Success in the BDR role requires a hunter-mentality with significant time on the phone following up on leads generated from independent prospecting (cold calling) as well as from marketing programs.
This role also requires above average research skills as defining which accounts and contacts to target will be critical to achieving success. This role will provide a competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus with additional commissions to be earned on sole sources opportunities that close and deploy.
Activator allows dealerships to maintain real-to-me and relevant connections with sales and service customers and leads through automated multi-channel marketing. Activator’s core solutions action dealership data for targeted marketing by cleansing DMS records and tapping into multiple data sources to drive smarter engagement resulting in increased customer loyalty and incremental revenue opportunities.
WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
The BDR will play a critical role in identifying and generating qualified sales leads that fit within our target customer profile in retail automotive and helping dealership partners automate their marketing so they can reach more customers and leads across the entire lifecycle.
The ideal candidate understands the value of work ethic above all else and has innate drive, proven initiative, and is looking to break into a sales role in an early stage/start-up environment. This candidate possesses excellent communication skills, is quick on their feet, and understands the value of hard work. They must be comfortable in a fast-paced, quota-driven sales environment. In addition, the ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, is comfortable with constant change, and prioritizing multiple tasks and competing projects.
ATTRIBUTES WE LOOK FOR
- A Commitment to Win – a demonstrated track record of consistently achieving both personal and professional goals. You need to be comfortable being uncomfortable.
- A Critical Thinker – the ability to find and fuse information; apply business logic to simple and complex problems, and quickly analyze information to provide a recommendation. You need to know how to teach, tailor, and take control of the sales process.
- Coachable – a balance of competitiveness and empathy; self-awareness to acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses; and the ability to adjust "on-the-fly" to make changes, even when uncomfortable. You need to value and welcome feedback and iteration.
- Intellectual Curiosity – a deep-rooted desire to learn, understand, and ask thoughtful questions. You are by nature someone who balances stability and the need to challenge the status quo. You innately learn.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Using prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to targeted prospects
- Use social media and other platforms and strategies to help generate leads and build a professional network
- Determine the prospect’s interest in marketing services and software
- Schedule value discovery meetings for the Regional Sales Managers and prospects
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic territory and account plans
- Establish credibility by leading with value and establishing business needs
- Refine and continuously improve prospecting and sales techniques
- Report to your sales leader on KPI performance constantly
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- Develop your sales and marketing skills
- Leverage best in class technology (HubSpot) and training
- Join a company at its infancy
- Work in a great environment with strong traditions, decades of history and success (Dominion Enterprises/ Landmark Media)
- Generous base salary plus bonuses and commission potential
- Competitive benefits and perks
- A successful BDR understands what it means to be a motivated self-starter in a start-up environment. Your energy will be the driving factor behind your ability to turn your targeted, outbound prospecting activities into a set of target accounts (dealerships and groups) across your assigned geographic territory.
- Early on, the BDR’s primary focus will be on landing and expanding the footprint in their territory by identifying, developing, and creating new business opportunities to maintain a rolling pipeline of potential deals.
- This is a highly visible, collaborative position with high expectations built around a quota responsibility for generating net-new sales and pipeline each month.
- Experience reaching or exceeding activity goals and quotas
- Prior inside sales experience, software and/or services sales
- Automotive experience (helpful)
- Passion to build a business from the ground up
- Familiarity with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application
- Self starter, high energy and positive attitude
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S.Â Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.