Data Strategist – Major Accounts
The Data Strategist – Major Accounts is a hunter sales position tasked with expanding DataOne’s footprint with Major Accounts through identifying, qualifying, presenting, and closing data license agreements across the US and Canada. The Data Sales Strategist – Major Accounts will rely on his/her network to target companies in those verticals where he/she is viewed as an expert focusing on large, more complex opportunities.
Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities are essential to success in this role. Think: Flexible – Adaptable – Trainable.
- Exceed goals by Identifying automotive data prospects within assigned verticals, researching and evaluating viability, and moving through the sales cycle.
- Grow revenue by generating new opportunities from your existing professional network.
- Develop and present a sales plan for increasing DataOne’s market share with Major Accounts.
- Use your knowledge of the industry to coordinate with the marketing team to develop outreach and awareness campaigns to promote your targeted verticals.
- Work with DataOne’s more complex use cases involving high-value prospects.
- Standing in the automotive community as a thought leader in one or more verticals.
- At least 10 years of experience in sales directly related to the automotive industry (i.e., auction, dealer service provider, finance/warranty, fleet management, insurance, OEM, parts/service, automotive portal, marketing).
- Experience working through and closing large, complex, multi-year agreements with large companies often involving multiple rounds of redlines.
- Evidence of success in a solution-selling (non-product driven) environment where the quote is based on factors related to the use case and not the products themselves.
- Must be intellectually curious about various segments of the automotive industry and genuinely care about the success of our prospects and clients.
- Highly developed sales skills and instincts; understanding and proficiency in working within a sales process; methodical approach
- Highly developed pipeline management skills
- Ability to quickly understand and interpret use cases for a technical product and develop a go-forward plan based on the use case
- Ability to communication in a manner that is clear, concise, and professional
- Technically savvy
- Experience in software, technology, or data sales; experience in the automotive or related industry preferred
- Team player capable of building trust with both prospective customers and internal teams
- Accountable to timelines and deliverables
- Experience writing and editing complex contracts
- Experience with Salesforce.com
DataOne is a provider of automotive data to companies who rely on quality VIN-specific information to drive their business and decision-making. Examples are OEMs, dealer service providers, dealer groups, insurance companies, portals, vehicle valuation tools, auctions, inventory management systems, dealer management systems, transportation companies, and parts & service companies.