Associate Android Mobile Developer
Homes.com, a division of Dominion Enterprises (www.homes.com), is hiring an associate level Android Mobile Developer to work with the mobile development team to build and maintain the division’s mobile applications. This position is an excellent opportunity for a talented software developer with some experience working with Android, and 1-2 years experience developing with any compiled technology stack at a professional level.
The focus of this work is on native Android application development.
- New feature development
- Maintain existing applications by fixing bugs, answering technical questions, and troubleshooting reported issues.
- Work with the design team to implement elegant user interfaces.
- Fully participate in all Agile Scrum Ceremonies.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team that includes, but is not limited to, UI/UX designers, product owners, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Server side developers, and other mobile developers.
- Keep abreast of trends in the mobile industry.
- Work in a collegial and open environment that rewards teamwork, continuous learning and meeting commitments.
What we’re looking for in a candidate
- Experience with Kotlin and/or Java
- Understand Android lifecycle
- Knowledge of:
- Databases such as Sqlite, Realm or any other ORMs
- Handling Network calls on Android
- Passion for delivering quality code and follows coding standards
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback
- Author of an application on play store or a significant project on GitHub/bitbucket/etc. is a plus
Homes.com offers today's demanding home buyers, renters and those somewhere in between a simply smarter home search. With features like Homes.com Match, HomeShare and Snap & Search, homeshoppers now have a more personalized way to search for their next home. Since its launch over 25 years ago, Homes.com offers real estate professionals brand and property advertising, search engine marketing and instant response lead generation to help them succeed online. For more information, visit Homes.com.About DE
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S. Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.