We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
We’re seeking a Senior Machine Learning Scientist who specializes in solving challenging business problems by prototyping and designing machine learning solutions, designing custom algorithms when necessary, and
- Implement and rapidly prototype existing machine learning algorithms.
- Design novel machine learning algorithms or refactor existing ones.
- Design, implement and
productionizestatistical algorithms, machine learning solutions, and predictive analytics
- Translate business concerns and problems into tractable, data-driven problem statements testable via experimental design and hypothesis testing
- Perform data exploration, analysis, and visual storytelling on distributed big data sets.
- Assess the feasibility of machine learning solutions and predict ROI
- Perform data wrangling, feature engineering, and feature selection using statistics, analytics, and algorithms.
- Design systems that generate self-learning, continuous training models for a variety of signals and tasks
- Support and advise on data-driven decision making across the company.
- Mentor and guide team members
- Assist in establishing data science best practices and workflow
- MS or
PhDin Computer Science, Mathematics, or related computational science field; or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience with Python, R, or similar programming languages
- 3+ years of experience with big data exploration, machine learning algorithm selection, and implementation
- 1+ year experience with machine learning algorithm customization and design, with an emphasis on distributed
- 1+ years experience with
pySpark, Scala, or similar distributed computing language
- Fluency in SQL or equivalent query language
- Expertise in statistics, experimental methodology, and data analysis
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms, mathematical and statistical foundations of machine learning, and machine learning algorithm design
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced engineering team
We work in an open-air, freshly renovated office in the heart of Silicon Beach. As we disrupt industries, our plan is to think big but stay small. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration and dig the perks like haircuts, lunches, and team happy hours. And yes, we have snacks.
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club.