We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
Our culture is original, creative, and cool. We offer competitive benefits and compensation to qualified candidates. We work in an open-air industrial building in sunny Marina Del Rey, CA – minutes from the beach.
We’re looking for creative, inspired software engineers who can help us solve complex engineering problems at scale. The Backend Services team develops billing systems, fulfillment pipelines and third-party integrations that power our international e-commerce business. These applications invoice and ship to customers at high volume, around the world, every day. Built primarily on Ruby on Rails, with a bit of Elixir, Node.js, and Go, we always try to pick the right technology for the domain. On this team, you’ll build new features, stand up microservices, and level up the platform with us. You’ll also work with operations teams, warehouse managers, and other stakeholders to coordinate product launches and promotions.
What We’re Looking For
- Career experience: Minimum 5 years in software development.
- An imaginative architect: You like using new tech and new design patterns to solve problems, and you know when to stick with tried and true solutions.
- An eager mentor: We lean into pedagogy and mentorship, so you love to teach and level-up other engineers.
- A project leader: You can take business problems, break down technical requirements, and coordinate with product managers and tech leads.
- Experience in at least two programming languages: i.e. Go, Ruby, Node.js, Java, Python or Elixir.
- A good test-writer and familiarity with TDD.
- Experience with relational database schema design. We use MySQL & Postgres.
- Experience with functional reactive programming.
- Experience with Apache Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with gRPC is a plus.
- Experience with the ECommerce domain is a plus.
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club.