We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
We’re seeking a Machine Learning Scientist who specializes in solving challenging business problems by prototyping and designing machine learning solutions, tuning and performing model selection, and
- Implement and rapidly prototype existing machine learning algorithms.
- Refactor existing machine learning algorithms.
implement,and productionizestatistical algorithms, machine learning solutions, and predictive analytics
- Translate business concerns and problems into tractable, data-driven problem statements testable via experimental design and hypothesis testing
- Perform data exploration, analysis, and visual storytelling on distributed big data sets.
feasibilityof machine learning solutions and predict ROI
- Perform data wrangling, feature engineering, and feature selection using statistics, analytics, and algorithms.
- Design systems that generate self-learning, continuous training models for a variety of signals and tasks
- Support and advise on data analytics across the company.
- Teach and explain data science to team members and non-technical users
- Assist in establishing data science workflow
- MS or
PhDin Computer Science, Mathematics, or related computational science field; or equivalent work experience
yearsexperience with Python, R, or similar programming languages
- 3+ years experience with big data exploration, machine learning algorithm selection
yearsindustry experience building, customizing,and deploying Machine Learning Models into enterprise production systems.
yearsindustry experience with data prep, cleaning, munging, feature engineering, and EDA.
yearsindustry experience with advanced data visualization techniques.
- Fluency in SQL or equivalent query language
- Expertise in statistics, experimental methodology, and data analysis
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and the mathematical and statistical foundations of machine learning
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced engineering team
We work in an open-air, freshly renovated office in the heart of Silicon Beach. As we disrupt industries, our plan is to think big but stay small. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration and dig the perks like haircuts, lunches
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club.