We’re on a mission to help guys take care of their minds and bodies so they can be their best selves. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of members later, we’ve expanded into a variety of products including skincare, hair styling, oral care, colognes, deodorants, and more. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer
talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
We’re looking for creative, inspired engineers to join our team and help us build and grow our commerce platform. Our platform powers our consumer-facing website, mobile apps, international shops, and partner channels. It includes our subscription billing & transactional systems, internal tools and data streams, and our fulfillment and shipping operations. Built primarily on Node.js and Ruby on Rails, with a bit of Elixir, Python and Go, we try to pick the right technology for the domain. As a software engineer, you will build new features, stand up microservices, and help scale the platform to support our rapidly growing customer base.
What We’re Looking For
- A passionate engineer: You love to take on difficult, seemingly impossible technical problems and dig in to find creative ways to solve them.
- An eager learner: Even though you may not know our tech stack, you’re excited to master new frameworks and design patterns. Further, you think of work as a place for continuous learning.
- A dedicated collaborator: You love collaborating with people whose diverse skills and backgrounds make up the engine for small, fast-moving teams.
- An adept communicator: You know how to take technical concepts and explain them in a way that other, non-technical teammates can understand.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with relational schema design. We use MySQL & Postgres.
- Experience designing APIs, especially REST and GraphQL.
- A good test-writer and cheerleader for TDD.
- Grokking context maps and ubiquitous language is a big plus.
- Experience building and tuning a high-volume API application is a big plus.
- Prior experience with high-volume e-commerce domains is a big plus.
- 2-4 years of software development experience. 4+ years preferred.
USA Perks & benefits.
Here are just a few of the benefits of working at DSC HQ in the US.
Check out the location pages for benefits in our other country HQ's.
And yes, we have snacks.
Prepare for your future.
Unwind and let your tension drift away with weekly chair massages from a visiting professional.
Climb in our in-house barber chair for a cut, style, or clean-up from a visiting stylist.
Find calmness, well-being, and inner Zen with a meditation class.
We've got catered lunch every Tuesday, along with salty snacks, sweet treats, and frozen burritos. Sometimes there are popsicles.
Keep your ride looking fresh with weekly car washes in the parking lot.
Learning & Development
Learning doesn’t end in a classroom. Gain new skills, expand your mind and improve what you do best.
The coffee flows like wine thanks to our in house barista.
Electric Charging Stations
Juice up your electric car with our free electric charging stations located in our parking lot.
But wait, there’s more!
We also have:
Employee & Company led lunch & learns
Showers (one person at a time, please)
Monthly all company events
Two patios and flexible working space
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected] Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Dollar Shave Club will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club.