We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too. Our culture is original, creative, and cool. We offer competitive benefits and compensation to qualified candidates. We work in an open-air industrial building in sunny Marina Del Rey, CA –minutes from the beach.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
For our fundamental philosophy please see our Medium article on the subject.
- Work with and contribute to k8s-native infrastructure services to speed and stabilize software delivery and stability.
- Write libraries to deliver “free” additions to our common software.
- For example, monitoring and logging built-ins, RPC wrapping and stats display within running binaries.
- Maintain and contribute to shared infrastructure services.
- For example, Kafka, k8s clusters, service discovery and internal load balancing.
- Write documentation, tutorials and blog posts (both public and internal).
- Develop OSS to help define DSC’s technical brand to the open source community
- All systems should be designed at with open source in mind (within reason)
- Contribute to DSC’s OSS products (See: https://github.com/dollarshaveclub/psst for an example of SRE developed OSS at DSC)
- Using Go to write great software with unit tests, mocks, documentation, monitoring, and alerting … you know, software engineering ;)
- Working with developers Identifying development process bottlenecks and opportunities for continuous improvement of our software delivery and deployment systems
- Mentoring the SRE and Developer teams on modern best practices in Software Development and help to hold the SRE team accountable for following them
- Pushing observability and failure analysis
- Systems dependency graphing and tracking
- SLA driven production troubleshooting
oncallfor infrastructure services
- Current and deep knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure technologies
- 5+ years of Linux systems experience
- Experience with Go (Golang), Python or C/C++
- Experience with Continuous Delivery practices
- Current and deep experience with Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Current and deep practical experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- 5+ years of software engineering skills and experience
- Edge security experience is a plus
- Rails and/or Nodejs experience is a plus
- Deep knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Data infrastructure patterns is a plus
We work in an open-air, freshly renovated office in the heart of Silicon Beach. As we disrupt industries, our plan is to think big but stay small. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration and dig the perks like haircuts, lunches
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club.