VP of Sales
We are looking for a seasoned sales leader to guide the next phase of our company’s rapid growth. We need a strategic thinker, talented motivator, and someone who excels at “getting things done” in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment. This individual will lead our small sales team in our Utah office selling our ‘Everything Business’ Software SaaS platform to the Direct and Social Selling Industry ($200 Billion Per Year Industry.) We have demonstrated product/market fit with compelling unit economics, and now need an experienced executive to help us scale our sales organization and take the team’s performance to the next level. This role will report directly to the CRO, with full responsibility over sales strategy, sales operations and recruiting/team management. If you get excited about owning this vertical through powerful software, then come join us in our journey to change this space for the better..
Sales strategy, systems, training and processes:
- Develop and implement the sales strategy to exceed revenue targets for our “DS Platform” SaaS product, including the go-to-market plan and sales process from lead gen to upsell/retention
- Cultivate and develop a winning culture through performance expectations, driving the right behavior to develop a pipeline, direction, transparency, and proactive communication
- Serve as the executive point person for sales at DS, such as improving sales discipline, institutionalizing use of best practice sales methodologies and executing against growth forecasts
- Oversee the responsibilities and key initiatives of our sales team
- Create, improve upon and audit sales processes and marketing support resources (e.g., tip cards, talk tracks, FAQs, sales/marketing content) through formal training programs and management coaching
Sales Productivity And Effectiveness
- Establish strategies for improving sales performance, both in volume (# of deals) and quality (size and value of deals)
- Assist with complex sales negotiations, craft sales positioning and presentation approach, assist with proposals and contracts, and help drive the pipeline for high-profile “strategic” accounts
- Develop and generate reporting to track all key sales metrics for the organization in conjunction with CRO
- Optimize lead gen practices and manage key business development partners program
Recruiting & Retention
- Build and maintain a best-in-class sales team by recruiting, training, motivating and developing the right talent
- Oversee the management of daily and weekly Sales activities, pipeline analysis, and forecasting efforts to ensure predictable top-line growth trajectory in line with company goals
- Work closely with finance, onboarding and solution provider teams to develop key operating assumptions & growth plans for the business
- Collaborate with onboarding team to build strategic data sets for market analysis and future sales planning purposes
- 10+ years of sales experience, preferably in scaling a metrics-driven SaaS sales team at a rapidly growing technology company in a highly competitive market
- 5+ years as in a VP of Sales capacity: managing managers within dynamic sales teams
- Wide breadth of experience working with the full spectrum of sales talent: from entry-level reps to veteran sales executives
- Experience with a multi-channel team selling SaaS tools to SMB, Mid-market and Enterprise clients.
- Ability to build vision, understand and define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients
- Extensive Sales Operations experience (forecasting, planning, analysis, sales systems, reporting, compensation and quota management)
- Strong experience using CRM and Marketing Automation tools such as Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills, project management, time management
- High levels of analytical horsepower and ability to turn analysis into insight and actions.
- Very organized with attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related discipline, or equivalent additional experience