Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) - Boards Platform
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
With a focus on performance, continuous architectural improvement and providing a great service to consuming teams, the Boards Platform underpins many of Diligent’s most high profile and successful applications.
Diligent is looking for an experienced DevOps software engineer to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest. Ideal candidates will have proven ability to work in an environment based on modern tools and practices (Trunk Based Development, Containerization, CI/CD). They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. They will want to proactively drive improvements in software deployment practices.
In addition to core development activities, you will be required to:
- Passionately but pragmatically drive Agile and DevOps principles and practices
- Inspire a DevOps mindset, both within your team and across highly collaborative technology environment so as to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production
- Collaborate with the product owners in the analysis and documentation of technical requirements and user stories
- Participate in the hiring process through CV Reviews, Code Reviews, Phone Screens, and Technical interviews
- Utilise the latest automation, scripting and CI/CD platforms and approaches.
Key Skills and Attributes
- A passion for DevOps activities and an excellent understanding of the fundamentals, practices and principles.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering best practices and the engineering lifecycle from design to deployment and ongoing support.
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm.
- Experience in agile/lean methodologies and processes
- Self-directed positive problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Successfully manage own workload, and take personal responsibility and ownership for delivery, behaviours, and self-improvement.
- Complete honesty and integrity.