Senior Software Engineer
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
Boards Admin and Boards Director are two of Diligent’s most high profile applications, providing boards and executives with modern governance tools that allows the board to expand their reach outside the boardroom as well as meeting requirements such as distribution of board meeting materials in a secure environment.
Diligent is looking for software engineers to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest. Ideal candidates will be capable of applying effective analysis, design, programming, and testing skills to produce and maintain scaled SaaS software solutions. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. They will value team culture and see their success as the team’s success.
In addition to core development activities for core modules and integration projects, you will be required to:
- Design, code, review and test assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Collaborate with the product owners in the analysis and documentation of technical requirements and user stories
- Assist with production of high quality operational and system documentation as required
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software
- 3+ years’ experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- .NET/.NET core (Java may be an acceptable substitute)
- Experience with common patterns in distributed systems (REST, SOA)
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (e.g. Git/GitHub)
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a high-performing agile team
- Successfully manage own workload, and take personal responsibility and ownership for delivery, behaviors, and self-improvement
Preferred and not essential
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, including containerization, test automation, build servers, performance monitoring, static analysis
- Microsites/Micro front ends
- Test Driven Development experience
- Experience in agile/lean methodologies and processes
- Willingness to learn new languages and frameworks