Lead Software Engineer C# /.NET
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who has a strong knowledge of C# /.NET development to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest. They will execute against identified priorities within Shared Services space, and guide engineers through implementation, deployment and adoption of our services.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to apply effective analysis, design, programming, and testing skills to produce and maintain scaled SaaS software solutions. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. The successful candidate will work as part of an established team who are used to working together to achieve excellent results. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is motivated, pro-active and takes pride in his or her code.
They will want to take ownership of the features they are working on, proactively drive improvements in software design and development practices, and might work with more junior members of the team to help develop their skills and optimize the performance of the team over time.
- You will become part of our international agile development team
- You will write code for a large-scale software architecture.
- You will implement new features using a C# / .NET stack.
- You will use various SQL and NoSQL database storage solutions.
- You will work closely with our Product Owners and Architects in defining the stories and planning the future deliverables.
- You are a cooperative team player, which shares their knowledge and has fun in learning new technologies and concepts.
- Mentor and coach the cross-functional team and individuals.
- Build an engineering culture where collaboration (within the team and with other development teams as well) and continuous learning is part of everyone’s DNA.
- Ensure that the team always looks for improvements and dares to challenge the status quo. Coach them to come up with improvement ideas and proposals to implement those.
- Support your direct reports in their personal development. Drive goal settings and provide constructive feedback that helps them grow.
- Be an individual contributor as well in the team and actively work on software development, but make sure your priority is always the team.
- Work closely with the PM and Scrum Master of the team in order to have a smooth operation, development flow and optimal resource allocation.
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production.
- Strong experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Demonstrable experience of devising and delivering changes to large/complex products
- Excellent understanding of C#, .net Core, API and web development
- Experience with different technologies such as Python, NodeJS, Java, C++
- Problem-solver attitude - Technology agnostic approach
- Knowledge of Identity Management, Access Management, and Directory Services technologies.
- Microservice architecture and API gateway knowledge.
- Experience of designing and delivering security solutions in an environment that embraces DevOps and IaC concepts and common technologies, with a focus on pipeline security automation (DevSecOps).
- You are fluent in English and you are not afraid of working in an agile environment.
- Experience and knowledge of working in regulated environments such as SOX, ISO, etc. will be a plus.
- Commitment to producing well tested and documented code
- Good understanding of RESTFul Services
- Strong code review, mentoring and refactoring skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience working on an agile team, providing estimates and reporting progress
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams
- Keen to improve processes and share knowledge across the team
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (esp Git, GitHub) and common branching models such as GitFlow
- Be passionate about delivering value to our customers
- Experience in People Management, mentoring, coaching
- Excellent communication skills