Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
The Localization Manager helps oversee and facilitate end-to-end localization for the entire Diligent family of products, including software, documentation, sales and marketing collateral, and all other assets. The successful candidate possesses expert-level proficiency with localization tools and practices, is technically savvy, and is exceptionally detail-oriented and organized. This role requires a strong self-starting, entrepreneurial drive and independent problem-solving ability. Working within the product design team, the Localization Manager frequently partners with other departments, managing deliverables to internal stakeholders company-wide.
- Oversee and implement all end-to-end aspects of localization for in-app copy, website, online help center, product documentation, sales and marketing collateral, and all other assets.
- Facilitate every step of localization process, own vendor communication, timeline, and quality.
- Manage external vendors, ensuring that quality standards and deadlines are met.
- Manage external vendor invoicing and budgeting.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate across all company departments, including product design, product development, customer support, marketing, and sales.
- Understand and incorporate business goals and requirements for localization.
- Act as a stakeholder for business considerations related to localization market demand and competition.
- Vendor and file management are key components of this role, and the ideal candidate must be able to consistently track, manage, and communicate statuses for numerous concurrent projects.
- A commitment to quality control and brand excellence is critical, as the Localization Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Diligent voice, tone, and style is communicated to our entire global user base.
- Promote best practices and offer your expertise to help product teams recognize and integrate international requirements from the start.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Language Studies or Localization Management.
- 5+ years experience of translation and localization management.
- knowledgeable about internationalization requirements.
- Hands-on experience with localization platforms and CAT tools (Smartling, MemoQ or similar).
- Experience with QA and QA automation.
- Experience managing Terminology and Translation Memory.
- Experience with TMX, XML, XLIFF, RESX, HTML, JSON, STRINGS file formats.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite (InDesign and Illustrator)
- Excellent organizational, project and resource management skills.
- A proactive nature – the ability to foresee and address potential issues is key to this role.
- Passion for continuously improving localization processes.
- Strong commitment to brand integrity and product quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese or Dutch.
- Experience with double-byte/bidirectional languages
- Experience with website and software localization testing
- Ability to work cross-culturally with globally dispersed teams.
- Familiarity with CMS platforms (Salesforse, Zendesk, Wordpress, etc.)