Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
Diligent is looking for a Product Owner to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest. The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product which delivered by the development team. A key member of a Scrum team, this role will capture use cases and build/maintain a backlog of work items for the team, prioritizing the delivery sequence to ensure the team focus is maintained on them items which will best achieve the objectives of the product development team.
They will ensure that all activities are visible and clear to the entire team, and work with the Product Manager to achieve any clarity needed to give confidence that the resulting product will address the user need.
- Understands functional capabilities and user scenarios for their product, components, and dependencies
- Works with all members of the team (UX/Engineering/Product/Test) team to fully understand what is feasible
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of product strategy and uses this knowledge to define and prioritize requirements for a product release
- Writes clear, concise, product requirements for individual features with clear definition of success and supports a development team in implementation
- Supports Agile practices with the team by maintaining a prioritized backlog of user stories with clearly written user stories and acceptance criteria
- Fulfils the obligations of a Scrum Product Owner by attending required ceremonies and working with external stakeholders as appropriate
- Works closely with the Product Manager to agree on the product roadmap, prioritization of activities, and scoping out work with the delivery team
- Supports adjacent teams, e.g. Marketing, Technical Authors, etc. by reviewing content, clarifying release timelines, and other supporting activities
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner in an agile environment
- Demonstrate experience in writing technical and functional requirements
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or similar qualifications (highly desirable)
- Demonstrate experience interacting directly with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and consensus building skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate with other development teams both internally and externally
- Experience in working with API products (desirable)