Director, HR EMEA
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
This role provides an outstanding opportunity to join a fast moving and rapidly growing SaaS technology company! We are building a world-class HR team to scale with that growth. We are looking for a seasoned HR professional to lead and drive our HR strategy in the EMEA region, including UK, Germany, Netherlands, and other small locations throughout the region.
This role will function as a critical part of our EMEA leadership team, partnering with local, regional, and global senior business leaders, including direct access to the executive team up to and including the CEO and CFO. As the HR lead for the EMEA region, they will have responsibility to own and drive the HR strategies and activities that will create results, enable growth and build upon our organizational successes. They will lead a team of direct and indirect reports to accomplish these results and represent the HR function for the region. The individual must have a keen understanding of business priorities, establish relationships with key stakeholders and identify actionable solutions that support the future of the business. Supporting the existing teams in the region and supporting our ongoing business strategy in EMEA will be an amazing opportunity to further develop employee experience, our strong brand presence in the region and demonstrate real impact on our business results.
Experience in core functions of the Human Resources discipline will be key to this role, such as business advisory, coaching for leaders, talent acquisition, integration expertise, employee development, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, people analytics, with a track record of creating and implementing strategic solutions in these areas. Travel is required to the various locations where our employees are present, with greatest concentration in the UK and Germany.
- Own and drive the strategic HR plan for the region, including local programs that drive employee engagement, integration and community.
- Provide strategic, operational and best practice advice on a range of people related business challenges and ensure a positive employee relations climate is championed and maintained.
- Develop strong and trusted partnerships with all levels of the organization, and provide leaders and senior managers with objective coaching and advice.
- Partner with the other Global HR Business Partners to develop and implement companywide HR strategies for the business and internal client groups, while identifying nuances for local adoption.
- Take an active role in the recruitment of top talent and driving career development and growth for existing colleagues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements for local management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring compliance, in close partnership with our legal team.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures that ensure the company remains fully compliant while staying on top of changes and ensuring that these practices are implemented consistently.
- Support an excellent employee experience for life cycle events and operational areas such as Benefits, payroll, onboarding
- Work with the HR Team in coordinating engagement initiatives, working closely with others to assist you.
- Participate in and drive the implementation of special HR projects including strategic initiatives to help align employees to strategic goals of the business.
- Partner with the global HR team in leveraging data and HR metrics to help measure our success.
- Partnering with Payroll, Accounting, and other key departments to resolve issues.
- Assisting employees by answering questions, providing information and referring them to the appropriate contact as needed to provide exemplary customer service.
- 5-7 years of corporate experience in an HR business-facing and advisory capacity
- Experience working within a technology/software-enabled, fast-paced business
- Experience successfully working within fast paced, transformative environments
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, across all audience levels
- Highly collaborative with a global mindset, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work across regions, departments and functions to drive results
- Proven ability to assess challenges, diagnose root cause and use strategic thinking skills to identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Analytical and results focused, track record of achieving hiring and/or HR goals
- Ability to relate to, advise and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- Strong project management expertise and experience with the ability to multi task
- Warm, professional and engaging disposition
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially in Excel
- Experience with a variety of HRIS preferred Accountability mindset, for oneself and others