Regional Sales Director - Accuvio
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, and for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
The ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Global Software sales role will be responsible for closing mid-market and enterprise new business in the [US/EMEA] for Diligent ESG, one of the world’s fastest-growing and exciting software segments. The standards and protocols by which ESG is governed are evolving rapidly – as is the market for organizations seeking to assess, monitor and report on their ESG performance. Diligent’s ESG solutions are custom-built to meet and exceed ESG objectives for the world’s leading organizations.
The successful candidate will have an aptitude for understanding client ESG reporting challenges today and tomorrow, and the ability to propose the most suitable solution tailored for their needs, with scope to grow as their needs evolve with the broader ESG landscape.
- Develop expert knowledge in the Company’s ESG SaaS offering, and the evolving ESG reporting commitments facing our clients
- Apply the Challenger sales methodology during the sales process
- Understand customer needs and help develop solutions through the Company’s offerings
- Present Diligent’s solutions via in-person and web demonstrations
- Research and understand the market for Diligent’ s solutions, including competitor analysis
- Prospect new leads to supplement inbound enquires and build pipeline
- Negotiate and close on an increasing volume of sales targets each quarter
- Work with the marketing team to target specific accounts and implement the global strategy in a way that has meaning locally to your market yet remains consistent with the brand
- Maintain detailed records in Salesforce, with strong forecasting skills
This role requires excellent communication and negotiation skills. Additionally, qualified candidates have:
- A minimum of 4 years in solution selling SaaS or technology-related products or services with a track record of consistently closing new business
- Experience presenting to C-level executives
- Experience in ESG / Sustainability advantageous, but not essential
- Experience selling to multiple stakeholders during a complex sales cycle that could last several months
- Experience with online selling applications (e.g. Zoom)
- Experience in solution selling software products in a complex subject matter area
- Comfort applying Challenger principles during a sales process
- Comfort utilizing Salesforce
- A passion for problem-solving, learning a new industry, and constantly improving their sales knowledge
FLSA Status: Exempt
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.