Lead Software Engineer
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
Diligent are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest. The Lead Software Engineer will lead, inspire, mentor and coach one or more agile delivery teams to ensure regular successful delivery of world-class software solutions and deliver on Diligent’s ambition to redefine the way organizations are governed.
- Drive a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence, whilst actively promote Diligent values
- Passionately but pragmatically drive Agile and DevOps principles and practices
- Provide technical leadership within a highly collaborative technology environment
- Collaborate with senior engineering managers to define technical strategy and architecture
- Drive technical excellence
- Co-ordinate and drive communication and collaboration between Engineering, QA, Operations, and other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production
This is a hands-on role, and this person will spend around half their time contributing as a hands-on software engineer. This will include:
- Collaborating with product and UX leaders in the analysis and documentation of technical requirements and user stories for assigned features, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Designing, coding, reviewing and testing assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Contributing to the quality assurance/testing strategy for assigned features, and performing technical tasks as required to support that strategy, including but not limited to development of unit and other automated tests, and assisting with acceptance and regression testing
- Passion for code
- Self-directed positive problem solver
- Excellent leadership skills and experience
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Successfully manage own workload, and take personal responsibility and ownership for delivery, behaviors, and self-improvement