Senior Software Engineer - Mobile APP iOS
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics, and compliance from across the organization. Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights, and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world.
We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong iOS mobile application development background (Objective-C / XCode or C# / Xamarin or Swift) to join our Board Continuity Brands team at Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to work on software support development or software maintenance areas, having good analytical and troubleshooting skills and willingness to work with various products and technology stacks. They will be driven, resourceful, keen on learning new things and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges or ambiguities.
The successful candidate will actively shape the internal and collaborative working processes and the setup of this newly formed team in charge of the whole software development portfolio (Front-End (FE), Back-End (BE), Mobile APP development and quality assurance) for a set of Board Portal applications.
In addition to core development activities for core modules and integration projects, you will be required to:
- Provide technical leadership and support to junior colleagues and shape competence and technology strategy of the team together with management and senior peers
- Design, code, review and test assigned support issues, features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Collaborate with the product owners and customer teams in the analysis and documentation of technical requirements and user stories
- Assist with production of high quality operational and system documentation as required
- Drive tooling, hosting and quality assurance consolidation projects of the products the team is responsible for
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Strong competences in any of the technologies used: Objective-C / XCode OR C# / Xamarin OR Swift
- Willingness to learn and contribute in other languages, technologies (either in iOS or Android Mobile APP development or even in Front-End (FE) or Back-End (BE) development)
- Analytic troubleshooting mindset and skills, ability and willingness to localize and solve problems outside of professional comfort zone
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (e.g. Git/GitHub)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Successfully manage own workload, and take personal responsibility and ownership for delivery, behaviours, and self-improvement
- Mentoring and technical leadership experiences
Preferred and not essential
- Customer maintenance or support development experiences
- BlackBerry Dynamics
- Android Mobile APP development (Java / Android Studio; C# / Xamarin) or UWP Mobile APP development (C# / Visual Studio; C# / Xamarin)
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Experience in agile/lean methodologies and processes
- Understanding of QA concepts, test automation basics