Regional Sales Director
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for closing mid-market and enterprise new business in the US for Diligent, the leading SaaS provider of secure corporate governance and collaboration solutions for boards and senior executives.
- Develop expert knowledge in the Company’s SaaS offerings.
- Apply the Challenger sales methodology during the sales process.
- Understand customer needs and help develop solutions through the Company’s offerings.
- Present Diligent’s solutions via in-person and web demonstrations.
- Research and understand the market for Diligent’ s solutions, including competitor analysis.
- Prospect new leads to supplement inbound enquires and build pipeline.
- Negotiate and close on an increasing volume of sales targets each quarter.
- Work with the marketing team to target specific accounts and implement the global strategy in a way that has meaning locally to your market yet remains consistent with the brand.
- Maintain detailed records in Salesforce and strong forecasting skills.
This role requires excellent communication and negotiation skills. Additionally, qualified candidates have:
- A minimum of 4 years in selling SaaS or technology-related products or services with a track record of consistently closing new business.
- Experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience selling to multiple stakeholders during a complex sales cycle that could last several months.
- Experience with online selling applications (Zoom)
- Comfort applying Challenger principles during a sales process.
- Comfort utilizing Salesforce.
- A passion for problem-solving, learning a new industry, and constantly improving their sales knowledge.
FSLA Status: Exempt
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.