Lead Software Engineer - Board Effect
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer with strong hands-on knowledge of cross-platform development using React and Ruby to help drive the modernization of a market-leading governance/risk/compliance solution.
- Mentor and coach the cross-functional team and individuals.
- Build an engineering culture where collaboration (within the team and with other development teams as well) and continuous learning is part of everyone’s DNA.
- Ensure that the team always looks for improvements and dares to challenge the status quo. Coach them to come up with improvement ideas and proposals to implement those.
- Work closely with the PO and Scrum Master of the team in order to have a smooth operation, development flow and optimal resource allocation.
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production.
- Design, code, review and test assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Producing high-level technical design artifacts for major stories
- Contribute to the quality assurance/testing strategy for assigned features, performing technical tasks as required to support that strategy, including but not limited to development of unit and other automated tests, and assisting with acceptance and regression testing
- Influence the design of the future state of the product, including separating out major components and sub-systems, designing and delivering prototypes, especially for back-end components
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use.
- Plan and control the workflow to ensure all deadlines are met and manage your own tasks effectively
- Attend Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, and Retrospective Meetings
- Involved in continuous improvement of processes by regularly making improvement recommendations at team retrospectives
- 10 years+ of software engineering experience
- Degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar discipline
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Experience working in and leading agile development teams
- Experience in Agile. Providing estimates and reporting progress
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams
- Keen to improve processes and share knowledge across the team
- Strong experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Demonstrable experience of devising and delivering changes to large/complex products
- Commitment to producing well tested and documented code
- Strong code review, mentoring and refactoring skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (esp Git, GitHub) and common branching models such as GitFlow
- Be passionate about delivering value to our customers
- React Native (plus)
- Experience working with SoAs/ESBs/Message Queues
- Keen to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Experience of working in regulated markets