Software Engineer (Xamarin Mobile Apps)
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who has a strong knowledge of Xamarin mobile apps development to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to apply effective analysis, design, programming, and testing skills to produce and maintain customer facing apps. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. The successful candidate will work as part of an established team who are used to working together to achieve excellent results. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is motivated, pro-active and takes pride in his or her code.
- You will become part of our international development team in a Scrum setting.
- You will create and enhance end-user-facing applications.
- You use Xamarin tools and C# to build and improve our app solutions in a Scrum setting.
- For coding you apply clean code principles, consider security concepts and conduct code reviews with your team.
- You will write unit tests and keep an eye on user needs and user experience.
- You will integrate new technologies into your work, collaborate closely with your colleagues and keep up to date by sharing knowledge within your team.
- You have a degree in an IT-related subject and/or valuable knowhow in software development.
- You are experienced in the development with C#.
- You are familiar with the creation of cross-platform applications and you have knowledge of or are interested in learning about the Xamarin framework.
- You code in C# and feel comfortable with the technology stack (Xamarin, Xcode, JSON, EF, SQLite, XML, Rest API, Cloud Services, NUnit, A/B testing and native UI/UX experience).
- Knowledge in the use of databases, software design patterns and creation of unit tests is a plus.
- Knowledge of UWP or WPF is a plus.
- Knowledge in secure app development and you know about the application engineering lifecycle, i.e. source control and continuous integration with Git repositories. Jira, TFS.
- You are fluent in English and you are not afraid of working agile.