Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
Diligent is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team. We are looking for a talented candidate that can develop documentation for Diligent products, and at the same time develop forward-thinking strategy, systems and process. The successful candidate must be able to rapidly develop breadth and depth of expertise in our products and services. They’ll also be an expert at synthesizing technical information into clear communication to enable our users to quickly get the full value from our products.
- Develop Diligent product expertise by interviewing subject matter experts, performing technical research, and participating in hands-on testing and validation of procedures and related software tools.
- Take on documentation efforts for new and existing product launches
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse opportunities.
- Synthesize technical communication into simple ideas. Design and develop clear, concise, complete, and correct technical copy in a clear writing style.
- Perform style and structure reviews to ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
- Communicates and cooperates with cross-organization peers and proactively keeps stakeholders informed.
- A passion for excellence in communication, regardless of form. Strong ability to communicate in verbal and written formats.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in professional writing, preferably in a technology environment
- Can provide 2 to 3 writing samples demonstrating ability to succeed in this role.
- Forward thinking; develops a vision for what’s next.
- Ability to write and communicate in a range of styles and tones.
- Writes clear, concise, complete, and correct technical copy in a single sourcing environment using structured writing.
- Ability to edit and apply standards to the work of others to give all communication a uniform voice.
- Not content to sit around and await instructions. Constantly strives to improve information products and procedures for creating them.