Software Engineer - Entities
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
Experienced hands-on Software Engineer who has a strong knowledge of Integration development using C#, microservices and .net Core to help drive the modernisation of a market-leading governance/risk/compliance solution.
This will be a role that will provide a path to working on cutting edge technologies as the application is transitioned to a new architecture.
- Design, code, review and test assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Producing high-level technical design artefacts for major stories
- Contribute to the quality assurance/testing strategy for assigned features, performing technical tasks as required to support that strategy, including but not limited to development of unit and other automated tests, and assisting with acceptance and regression testing
- Influence the design of the future state of the product, including separating out major components and sub-systems, designing and delivering prototypes, especially for back-end components
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use. Ensure internal systems are kept up to date at all times with the latest activity
- Plan and control their own workflow to ensure all deadlines are met and manage their own tasks effectively
- Attend Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, and Retrospective Meetings
- Involved in continuous improvement of processes by regularly making improvement recommendations at team retrospectives
- Strong experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Demonstrable experience of devising and delivering changes to large/complex products
- Excellent understanding of C#, .net Core, API and web development
- Commitment to producing well tested and documented code
- Strong code review, mentoring and refactoring skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Experience working on an agile team, providing estimates and reporting progress
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams
- Keen to improve processes and share knowledge across the team
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (esp Git, GitHub) and common branching models such as GitFlow
- Be passionate about delivering value to our customers
- 5 years+ of software engineering experience
- Degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar discipline
- Experience with IdentityServer4 or similar Identity related libraries
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience with jQuery, Angular, Kendo UI
- Experience working with SoAs/ESBs/Message Queues (such as RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/Lean software development
- Keen to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Experience of working in regulated markets