Frontend Software Engineer
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
Diligent are looking for someone who has a strong knowledge of development to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to apply effective analysis, design, programming, and testing skills to produce and maintain scaled SaaS software solutions. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. They will want to take ownership of the features they are working on and proactively drive improvements in software design and development practices.
The successful candidate will work as part of an established team who are used to working together to achieve excellent results. Our ideal candidate will be motivated, pro-active and takes pride in their code.
In addition to core development activities for core modules and integration projects, you will be required to:
- Design, code, review and test assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Collaborate with the product owners in the analysis and documentation of technical requirements and user stories for assigned features
- Assist with production of high quality operational and system documentation as required
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and a number of other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production
- 3+ years’ experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Knowledge of one of the following: React, Vue.js, Angular 7,8
- Familiarity with containers, Kubernetes
- Good written and oral communications
- Solid troubleshooting ability and skills
- Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a high-performing agile team
- Successfully manage own workload, and take personal responsibility and ownership for delivery, behaviors, and self-improvement
Preferred and not essential
- Test Driven Development experience preferable
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/Lean software development
- Keen to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (e.g. Git/GitHub)
- Understanding of functional programming techniques