Senior Systems Engineer
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
Diligent IT Operations team is looking for a senior-level Systems Engineer to join its global Infrastructure group. The Infrastructure group is a team of engineers in charge of infrastructure, cloud and supporting technologies.
Primary responsibilities management, optimization, and automation of systems infrastructure. Other duties include support escalation, on-call rotation participation and occasional international travel for datacenter work.
- 5+ years of senior system engineer experience.
- Experience with enterprise technology and distributed systems.
- Linux and Windows server administration experience
- Basic storage experience (CIFS, NFS, Block); other storage experience (Ceph, Gluster, GFS) a plus.
- Advanced understanding of network concepts including firewalls, routing, switching, VPN, packet analysis, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Maintain and manage both physical and virtual servers in distributed environments.
- Experience with virtualization software (VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer).
Nice to Have:
- Experience with databases: MSSQL, MongoDB, or InfluxDb.
- Experience with datacenter colo, physical servers, out of band management.
- Open source technology implementation and integration.
- Advanced understanding of PKI, security, and compliance.
- Advanced storage systems experience (SAN Arrays, multi-pathing, Object storage) Scripting experience in Bash and/or PowerShell,