Client Director – Enterprise Accounts
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
As a Client Director of Enterprise Accounts you are responsible for driving revenue through the proactive cultivation of global customer accounts, developing strategic account plans, and building key business relationships with a select number Diligent’s most important global enterprise clients.
Your role requires a strong focus on strategic account expansion sales, developed knowledge of Diligent’s many products, identifying and developing enterprise solution-selling opportunities and working with product specialist Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams to close transactions and drive revenue growth.
You will have exceptional relationship management and sales skills, be independently motivated, team-oriented and able to influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve client development and sales goals.
Ultimately, you are responsible for senior customer relationship management and revenue growth of Diligent’s largest and most critical clients.
- Prepare strategic account plans for key global accounts, which will document an organization’s 3-year plan, identify new sales/cross-sell/up-sell opportunities, include tactical nurture & sales plans, and map out current and future revenue projections.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Product leadership to develop specific account management plans to meet assigned accounts’ needs and an overall strategy to optimize sales and retention opportunities.
- Engage with prospect organizations to position Diligent solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, and leveraging some Diligent governance data.
- Initiate and deliver proposed solutions to C-Suite and Executive level clients across multiple levels and divisions, to meet the needs of the organization as it relates to the full suite of Governance Cloud products, as appropriate.
- Use Salesforce to drive organization and management of leads, opportunities and relationship touchpoints.
- Work closely with Customer Success team to ensure successful roll-out, adoption, and on-going use of the product.
- 10+ years of enterprise solution sales experience selling CRM, ERP, or similar.
- Strong background in consultative selling/solution selling wrapped around a core SaaS product.
- Past deal structures have required working with multiple customer stakeholders from different function, been a combination of recurring revenue and professional services.
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals.
- Consistent, documented overachievement of quota and revenue goals for a multiyear time period.
- Ability to think creatively in how to solve client problems using a variety of Diligent products and services; approach clients from a strategic orientation (not product).
- Proven ability to effectively demo and sell complex, multi-product solutions, and articulate Diligent’s value proposition to clients and their key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills through verbal, written, and live presentations.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers through a conscientious and relationship-driven approach.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing, fast-paced, and high stress environment.
- Strong negotiation skills and competency in managing large service agreements across their lifecycle.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.