Senior Product Owner
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are looking for someone who has a strong knowledge of product ownership for a SaaS software solution to join our Center for Global Product Innovation in Budapest.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to apply effective analysis and design skills to take over product ownership for a scaled SaaS software solution. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant business and technical challenges. The successful candidate will work as part of an established team who are used to working together to achieve excellent results. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is motivated, pro-active and does neglect the technical challenges of a product.
They will want to take ownership of the features and technical challenges they are working on, proactively drive improvements in software design. They might work with more junior members of the team to help develop their skills and optimize the performance of the team over time
- As a Product Owner, you supervise distributed teams in product design.
- You are responsible for the specification of micro services, APIs, and functional requirements.
- You create user stories and support the development during their implementation in agile Scrum teams.
- You also develop user stories for security-related topics and do not shy away from technical user stories (aka. tech debt).
- You coordinate product-relevant activities across departments in close cooperation with Development, Marketing, Sales and Professional Services.
- You ensure economic success through continuous analysis of market success and user behavior, as well as close customer dialog.
- You have a degree in an IT-related subject and/or valuable knowhow in software development.
- You have experience as a Product Owner in an agile development environment (e.g., Scrum) or want to develop as an experienced developer towards product ownership.
- You are interested in product ownership for SaaS solutions with IT security focus and possibly already have experience in this area.
- You love to design innovative products in an agile environment and to inspire others to do so, which you have already been able to prove at previous employers.
- Your analytical and results-oriented approach makes you an important contact person at the interface to other departments.
- You are a strong communicator in English and drive your teams forward through creativity.