Software Engineer - SFS
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
SFS Software Engineer GoLand and React
Diligent is looking for Software Engineers who would love to join our Secure File Sharing team! SFS is Diligent’s primary solution for managing important and sensitive documents amongst a board room so that they can collaborate, edit, and maintain their groups most sensitive information. SFS integrates across multiple Diligent products and is key to the overall Modern Governance technology strategy. It is a micro-service based architecture written primarily in Golang (backend services) and React (Web-front end).
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to apply effective analysis, design, programming, and testing skills to produce and maintain scaled SaaS software solutions. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. They will want to take ownership of the features they are working on and proactively drive improvements in software design and development practices. They will love to automate away manual toil and be interested in championing observability, continuous integration and deployment, scalability, security, and other non-functional requirements into our system. They will value team culture and see their success as the team’s success.
In addition to core development activities for our product, you will be required to:
- Design, code, review, and test assigned features and user stories, in accordance with the agile methodology employed by Diligent
- Collaborate with the product owners in the analysis and documentation of technical requirements and user stories
- Assist with production of high quality operational and system documentation as required
- Communicate effectively with other development teams, production operations, and several other technology groups, to ensure regular smooth delivery of working software to production
- 3+ years’ experience in a hands-on development role at a commercial software company
- Experience in designing and implementing distributed enterprise software solutions.
- Experience or strong commitment to learn Golang (Experience in other strongly typed languages may be an acceptable substitute e.g. Java, C#, TypeScript)
- Knowledge of one of the following: React, TypeScript and Redux (Experience in other modern web frameworks such as Vue.js, Angular 7,8 may be an acceptable substitute)
- Solid understanding of CI/CD concepts
- Familiarity with containers, Kubernetes, and Helm charts
- Good written and oral communications
- Solid troubleshooting ability and skills
- Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of a high-performing agile team
- Successfully manage own workload, and take personal responsibility and ownership for delivery, behaviours, and self-improvement
Preferred and not essential
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/Lean software development
- Keen to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- Familiarity with Source Code Control Systems (e.g. Git/GitHub)
- Knowledge of event-base architectures and messaging patterns.