Application Security Engineer
Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
The Application Security Engineer will be a member of the Security group and will work closely with Product Design, Software Development, and Production Operations. The Application Security team at Diligent is primarily responsible with overseeing secure development, creating best practices and processes for the technology organization, and maintaining security tools and procedures. This position will primarily focus on the Diligent Entities and Diligent Analytics platform.
Candidates will be working primarily with a development team located in Eastern Europe. They will be providing implementation on security best practices on architectural design, account security (2FA and Identity Management), anti-tamper technologies, secret management, and continuous integration/continuous deployment.
The ideal candidate will come from a development lead, security engineer, or DevOps background with a strong passion and interest in security. This person should be self-motivated, enjoy security work, and thrive working in a global, dynamic, growing company environment.
- Own vulnerability management and mitigation approaches with product teams
- Perform threat modeling, secure feature and architecture assessments, security-critical code reviews, and application security testing
- Document security feature implementations
- Contribute to security policy, standards, and guidelines related to application security
- Research emerging technologies and maintain awareness of current security risks
- Define, implement, and monitor security measures in Diligent Core products
- Degree in Computer Science preferably with emphasis on Information Security
- 5+ years of professional work experience in application design and development, 2+ years in application security architecture and design for web and mobile applications
- Knowledge of security concepts for Internet technologies, architectures, and protocols
- Knowledge of application software security concepts
- Experience with mitigating OWASP Top Ten and CWE/SANS Top 25 vulnerabilities
- Experience with a combination of .NET, AngularJS, C#, and/or mobile frameworks
- Experience with project management tools (JIRA)
- Experience with code analysis and penetration testing tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant certification in Application Security or Penetration testing (CISSP, CSSLP, GSSP-x, CEH, GPEN, GWAPT, GMOB, Security+)
- Awareness of security standards and frameworks relevant to the SaaS industry (e.g. ISO, NIST, CSA)
- Experience in the CI/CD build systems and best practices, especially Jenkins
- Experience building and reviewing node packages and other third-party dependencies
- Experience with secret and key management systems, such as Vault
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Rancher