Diligent is the world’s largest GRC SaaS provider, serving nearly 1 million users from 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about governance, risk and compliance and ensures CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization. Our world-changing idea is to bring technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable, and successful organizations – and create lasting, positive impact on the world. We seek to empower organizations to be better for their stakeholders and communities, for their customers and employees, for their bottom line. Headquartered in New York, Diligent also has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are building an elite, passionate, curious and innovative commercial team that is highly regarded in the SaaS industry, loved by our customers and feared by our competition.
As a Client Executive you are responsible for generating more bookings from Diligent’s existing customer base by selling additional solutions from our governance, risk and compliance ecosystem.
Your role requires deep knowledge of Diligent’s products, an enterprise solution-selling approach and working with Client Development Reps, Solutions Engineers, and Customer Success to close deals.
Your primary buyer profiles will be General Counsels, Corporate Secretaries, Heads of Legal Operations, CIOs and CFOs.
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with your Client Development Rep and Customer Success Manager to uncover opportunities within your target accounts
- Generate a high activity rate with initial meetings coming from your own sales prospecting efforts in addition to initial meetings from marketing, CDRs and CSMs
- Maintain a high initial meeting to opportunity conversion rate by using great commercial messaging
- Execute on Diligent’s commercial motion: understand first, demonstrate second, sell last and qualify with MEDDICC throughout.
- Operate with speed because all else being equal the company that executes fastest will win
- A clear focus on the customer and the future and how we can improve their business
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Effective pipeline management by using Salesforce and our MEDDICC grader to enhance win rates and improve forecasting
- Weekly completion of 15Five check-in to enhance employee to manager feedback loop and communication
- Adoption of a growth mindset and continuous learning
Required Experience, Skills and Values:
- Proven track record with 3+ years in direct client-facing sales roles focused on enterprise, strategic, key accounts at a SaaS organization
- The ability to conduct great discovery because how well you understand a problem determines how well you solve it
- Proven ability to effectively articulate value and sell complex, multi-product solutions
- Experience with MEDDICC or a willingness to learn it and practice it because how you sell is more important than what you sell
- The ability and desire to still go outbound because more activity means more business, so you must be proactive in your pursuit of meetings, pipeline and bookings.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on what is important
- Strong use of Salesforce because if it isn’t in Salesforce then it didn’t happen
- A sense of humor because you do not have to be serious all the time in order to be taken seriously
- A collaborative mindset because enterprise sales is a team sport
FLSA Status: Exempt
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.