Salary: £34K to £44K (plus up to £3K allowance) depending on location and experience
Job type: Permanent
Number of open roles: 1
Hours: 37 hours (42 hours incl.1 hours lunch)
Working pattern: Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working
Closing date for applications: 15 June 2021
Microsoft 365 Applications Administrator
Location: London or National hub(commute to London office up to 8 days a month)
This role is within the Digital Workplace Product Team and is about creating a better working environment and experience for our global workforce to ensure they stay equipped, motivated, informed and engaged. We're helping them be in the best possible place to deliver for the people who need our support and services.
We're here to ensure that DIT supports the Work from Anywhere and Smarter Working agenda by exploiting our Digital tools further within the Microsoft stack, including but not limited to Microsoft 365, Azure, Power Platform and others. We want our colleagues have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills to be their best at their jobs
You can work from any of our DIT hubs located across the UK with commute to the London office up to 8 times a month.
We're looking for talented Microsoft Suite Engineers/Admins to join our exciting Digital Workplace Product Team who will be responsible for the management, maintenance, support and promotion of Microsoft 365 and other Microsoft Tools within DIT.
In this role you’ll
- Provide specialist support for Microsoft 365 services – Exchange, Outlook, Azure Active Directory, Teams, Power Apps, and SharePoint
- Develop, configure and implement solutions utilising Microsoft 365 services
- Provide technical leadership and define best practice for the governance, administration, and support of Microsoft 365 services
- Provide real time monitoring and specialist support for Microsoft 365 services
- Provide end user and technical support for Microsoft 365 services
- Liaise with other operations teams to diagnose and fix services and issues, including root cause analysis
- Resolve help desk tickets
- Help us use our most business critical tools better and more effectively and take us to the cutting edge of email communication and collaboration.
- Drive a user-centric focus in the change and release team to make sure we understand and prioritise new features
- Be an active member of the community, support and coach within the team.
- keep up to date on technology advances, learn from and share expertise
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in configuring, operating, and supporting the Office 365 collaboration suite (including Office 365 Groups, OneDrive for Business, Yammer, Planner, PowerApps, Flow), predominantly SharePoint Online, to Administrator level
- Specialist support experience for Microsoft 365 services – Exchange, Outlook, Azure Active Directory, Azure AD Connect, Teams, Power Apps, and SharePoint
- Knowledge of how to approach the requirements analysis and business processes and then apply findings to the design of solutions.
- Technical expertise to define best practice for the governance, administration, and support of O365
- Expertise in configuring and implementing Microsoft 365 services, and providing real time monitoring and specialist end user and technical support for 0365 services
- The ability to pick up skill sets introduced within the O365 environment
- Previous experience in SharePoint Migrations using ShareGate and Information Architecture principles
For your application, we would like to see your cv and a letter or personal statement outlining your experience and skills and fit for the role.
During the CV review and interview stages we use Success Profiles, a flexible framework, to assess applicants against a range of elements giving you the opportunity to demonstrate these elements required to be successful in the role.
At the interview for this role we assess your technical/specialist experience, outlined in the above role description, testing your ability through relevant assessments and ask you questions around some of the core behaviours required in this role.
The behaviours we assess are:
- Communicating and influencing
- Working together
- Changing and improving
- Managing a quality service
- Developing self and others
- Seeing the big picture
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
The Department for International Trade embraces and values diversity in all forms. We welcome and pride ourselves on the positive impact diversity has on the work we do, and we promote equality of opportunity throughout the organisation.