Territory Manager - Multiple US Geographies
Territory Manager – Multiple Geographies
Digital Control Inc is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Digital Control invented, and was first to market, innovative underground guidance technology that allows contractors to control the pitch angle of the drill head tooling and measure its depth below ground. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology over 25 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient distribution of underground utilities, fiber optic, telecom, gas, sewer and water lines. Our products are used around the world by distribution contractors and are valued for their durable design, ease of use and Digital Control’s uncompromising commitment to customer service.
Our field service team is expanding our North American customer presence. We are looking for a few great HDD specialists who want to work for the HDD industry leader in locating technologies. Our preference would be to place these roles in the US Northeast and Upper Midwest, but we will consider other locations. These roles will be home office based with our DCI headquarters in Kent, Washington.
- Manage relationships with dealers and other customers, providing training, technical support and outstanding customer service.
- Propose and execute effective marketing strategies that grow sales in the assigned territory.
- Provide feedback to the product team on field issues and customer requirements.
- Give professional presentations, demos, trainings, classes and tradeshow talks.
- Perform field testing and troubleshooting on all new or enhanced company products and provides direct feedback to Customer Service and Product Development.
- Work with dealers to develop the territory customer base and ensure their staff can support and sell our products.
- Handle customer service phone calls, questions and general trouble-shooting issues.
- Coordinate equipment repair and customer loaner equipment.
- Must be able to sell value, negotiate, and analyze customer needs.
- Effective at juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing work to meet the needs of all resellers, contractors/drillers and other customers in the territory.
- Demonstrates great working knowledge of technical equipment operations, and aptitude to become an expert in advanced HDD locating techniques, theory and application.
- Excellent presentation skills to train audiences of various sizes. Demonstrates an engaging style to help others learn.
- Demonstrates great communications skills to effectively communicate technical and market information to various audiences including drillers, senior leaders and everyone in between.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills including troubleshooting, problem analysis and good judgment/decision making.
- Inquisitive about troubleshooting DCI equipment and usage to determine root causes and effective solutions.
- Demonstrates effective collaboration and innovation with the field team and across all other functions within the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Customer Service or outside/field sales.
- Experience and knowledge of the trenchless technology industry required.
- Demonstrates unwavering business ethics and ability to effectively manage proprietary product information.
- Be able to travel within the territory up to 50%.
- Able to navigate physical requirements of working in construction sites.
- Ability to use a customer database or ERP system.
Digital Control Inc. is committed to providing a benefit plan that is at the top of our industry. This plan puts employees first to encourage a healthy work/life balance. Our outstanding insurance benefits include: comprehensive medical and dental health insurance; disability benefits; life insurance; and a generous 401(k) matching program. Other benefits include: discretionary quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, supplemental life insurance, healthcare and dependent-care flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness programs (where we get a little competitive from time-to-time and have some fun), professional development, and an employee assistance program.
This position will work with a talented and supportive group of individuals who work hard and know how to have a lot of fun!
Learn more about Digital Control at www.digitrak.com