Junior Graphic Designer
Digital Control Incorporated is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Digital Control (DCI) invented, and was first to market an innovative underground guidance technology allowing contractors to control the pitch angle of the drill head tooling and measure its depth below ground. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology over 20 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient distribution of underground utilities, fiber optic, telecom, gas, sewer and water lines. Our products are used around the world by distribution contractors and are valued for their durable design, ease of use and Digital Control’s uncompromising commitment to customer service.
DCI is seeking a passionate and dynamic Graphic/Multimedia Designer responsible for branding, print and web collateral, software design, events, and more. You will design visual assets to aid various departments while maintaining and upholding the visual identity of the company. This position will be part-time 25-30 hours per week.
• Assists with promotional campaigns in coordination with company business goals and input from key business functions.
• Partners with team to work out various solutions for the domestic and international field offices, product management, engineering and other support functions.
• Works with team to support digital media marketing strategy including website design and content management, social media content and other digital assets.
• Supports content and promotion development for industry trade shows and exhibitions in North America and internationally.
• Carry through art direction provided by team across all media that includes print, web, video and apps to provide a consistent look and feel for all company products.
• Create visual ID assets that include logos and marketing materials like brochures, flyers, posters, banners, merchandise designs, illustrations and presentations.
• Maintain and translate DCI’s design and style across multiple platforms to create a cohesive brand experience.
• 2-4 years of experience with graphic design
• Must provide link to portfolio of relevant work – to be included on resume
• Knowledge of core design principles, layout, typography, color theory
• Experience using design tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
• Understanding of interactive, and/or motion design (Aftereffects)
• Experience working with Marketing or Product Managers to break a problem down into well-defined project plans before and during execution
• Experience with interface and experience design
• CAD design (Google Sketch, Onshape, etc.)
• Knowledge of design translation across countries
• Cartoons! If you have experience as an Illustrator/Artist/Cartoonist – this is a bonus!