Sr. Software Developer - Azure & .NET
Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
• Unparalleled health benefits (employer covers 99% of costs)
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401k matching
• 4 weeks PTO annually
• Dog-friendly work environment
• Parental leave
• 11 annual paid holidays
• Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
DCI is seeking a full-time, passionate senior-level software developer with 5+ years’ experience to develop webservices to support cutting edge software applications and hardware devices for the Horizontal Drilling Industry. Join an enthusiastic team as we build our Azure Cloud infrastructure and webservices to support our product offerings for both B2B solutions and consumer electronics.
Our products solve real-world problems in the Horizontal Drilling Industry and are used by real customers. As such, the candidate will be responsible for writing production-level code. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of extraordinary problem-solving skills and embraces mentoring others. DCI offers a highly collaborative work environment with a very challenging domain problem.
As a senior-level software developer, candidate will first be responsible for architecting and developing webservices using the latest .Net Core and Azure technologies. Afterwards, candidate will be exposed to all parts of the product eco-systems on a variety of stacks where only high quality, object-oriented coding practices are accepted. DCI does not sacrifice product quality for schedules.
• Self-driven, results oriented developer who strives to write clean, modular, and well commented code without taking short-cuts and drives their software through the ‘final 10%’ to take a product to market.
• Willingness to work on a team and can work in a fluid, highly collaborative environment.
• Work effectively as a member in our Scrum Agile process.
• Identify, establish, and propagate best practices and patterns for RESTful webservice development and implementation in Azure.
• Develop software as per established Product Development Life Cycle processes.
• Peer-reviews of designs, implementations (code) & documentations.
• Communicate effectively.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university is a must-have for this role
• 5+ years recent webservice development experience.
• Experience designing and implementing RESTful API’s and microservices.
• Experience working with Azure.
• Experience with C#, ASP.Net Core, OData, EF Core.
• Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Server)
• Experience with Jenkins, Docker, CICD, SSO.
• Experience doing Unit Testing/TDD with an expectation of high code coverage.
• Solid understanding and experience with software design and architecture patterns.
• Ability to architect efficient and reusable software abstractions.
• Experience with the Task asynchronous programming model.
• Comprehensive understanding algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, and concurrency topic.
• Extensive knowledge of Agile software development processes.
• Experience with Confluence and Jira.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
We celebrate inclusion.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.