Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
DCI is seeking an experienced full-time Senior Paralegal to work directly with our General Counsel in Kent, WA. If you are someone who is highly organized, has previous Paralegal experience, and loves providing support on a variety of legal matters, then DCI could be a perfect fit for you!
- Unparalleled health benefits (employer covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: all employees share in the success of the company
- Professional development
- 401k matching
- 4 weeks PTO
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave and a portion of the WA LTC tax
- 11 annual paid holidays
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
- Assist with patent prosecution, including maintaining files, assisting with patent filings, payment of outside counsel invoices and manage third-party payment of patent maintenance fees
- Interact closely with engineering team regarding patents and innovation with DCI
- Assist with legal review of contracts and management of intake and contract review/signature process
- Assist with litigation, including discovery, litigation filings and other action items
- Serve as a liaison with insurance agent regarding claims, maintenance of insurance portfolio and other related items
- Handle submission of regulatory filings to governmental agencies as needed
- Assist with a wide variety of other legal matters
- Interact and collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of work experience in a Paralegal role
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred or a combination of education and/or experience
- Previous experience in administration of patents
- Must have excellent judgment, be reliable and detail-oriented
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Able to work independently on a small a team under pressure with a high level of professionalism
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and document management software
- Able to maintain client information, trade secrets and patent information in confidence
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
DCI requires candidates to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or to qualify for a legally permissible exemption/reasonable accommodation.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
This position will be required to perform some work onsite at the Kent, WA location.
We celebrate inclusion.
At DCI, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.