Junior Mobile Developer
DCI is seeking a full-time, passionate, junior level developer in Kent, Washington to help develop mobile applications that interface with new and existing products. Join our enthusiastic, extremely talented team as we develop cutting-edge applications that are revolutionizing the Horizontal Directional Drilling industry. You will be able to take pride in your work as you see your code become an integral part of our hardware and software navigation solutions that solve real-world problems and are used by real customers.
The DCI Software Engineering organization is pedantic about writing clean, quality, reusable source code; further, we also strongly believe in creative freedom for the developer, place trust in him or her, and tend to not micromanage. As a mobile application developer, you will be applying your excellent C# proficiency to write production-level code and implement intuitive user interfaces. You will develop applications for new product lines as well as add new functionality to existing applications.
- Unparalleled health benefits (employer covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: all employees share in the success of the company
- Professional development
- 401k matching
- 4 weeks PTO
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave and a portion of the WA LTC tax
- 11 annual paid holidays
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
What you bring:
- Self-driven, results oriented developer who strives to write clean, modular and well commented code without taking short-cuts and drives their software through the ‘final 10%’ to take a product to market
- Willingness to work on a team and can work in a fluid, highly collaborative environment
- Passion for writing software and solving problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited university is a must-have for this role
- 1+ yearsof professional work experience outside of academic or personal projects
- Experience with writing mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Understanding of data structures and algorithm topics
- Experience with concurrency topics (i.e., asynchronous programming)
- Proficiency with C# is strongly desired
- Familiarity with MVVM design pattern
- Showcase exciting projects he or she built in either an industrial or at-home setting.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles and data visualization to create a polished, intuitive user experience is strongly desired
- Experience with Xamarin, including Xamarin Forms
- Knowledge with wire-framing prototypes
- Experience with Bluetooth is a plus
- Experience with GPS is a plus
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
DCI requires candidates to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or to qualify for a legally permissible exemption/reasonable accommodation.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
This position will be required to perform some work onsite at the Kent, WA location.
We celebrate inclusion.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.