LPC/LCSW - ECISD - Part-Time - Evenings
Monday - Thursday: 6pm - 8pm
Saturday: 8am - noon
The LCSW or LPC is responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills in completion of psychosocial assessments, group therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, treatment and discharge planning. The LPC/LCSW is expected to function as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participate in the units community relations program and Commission on Cancer as well as support groups.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor . If licensed in another state, it must be transferable to a Texas license.
- LCSW: Masters Degree in social work, counseling or psychology from an accredited university
- LPC: License in counseling or psychology from an accredited university
- Current BCLS or Certification within 3 months of hire date
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English plus Spanish preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Hospital experience, preferred
- One (1) year experience working with child; adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
- Spanish language skills, preferred
- Ability to work productively and effectively with minimal need for supervision.
- Ability to function well as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Actively seeks opportunities for professional growth by attending educational seminars
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Documents findings accurately and in a timely manner and formulate the plan of care based on findings
- Ability to represent the program well in interactions both inside and outside the hospital
- Ability to coordinate adolescent and adult support groups
- Navigates patients through healthcare continuum
- Utilizes outside resources to facilitate assistance to patients
- Performs other duties as assigned