Benefits Clerk - FT - Days - Acct
Our Mission is to improve the well-being of those we serve with a commitment to excellence: every patient, every encounter, every time.
Our Vision is to create a world-class health system to advance medicine and increase access for the communities we serve by empowering caregivers to heal through compassion, knowledge, innovation, integrated care and excellence.
Assist benefits area in scheduling, filing, and other administrative assistant type duties. In addition, will also provide assistance to payroll area as needed in a similar capacity.
- High School/GED Required
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as excel, word and Kronos is a plus
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in human resources of the equivalent in training and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles as well as laws and regulations pertaining to compensation and benefits.
- Previous customer service and benefits administration experience.
- Experience that demonstrates strong organizational and leadership skills.
- General knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulatory requirements related to the administration of welfare benefit programs.
- None necessary but administrative assistant and benefits experience a plus.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Responsible to administratively support benefits area in duties, such as filing, greeting, and scheduling employees, enter data into computer system, as well as a support directly to employees in the processes surrounding benefits.
- Provide information and direction to employees on benefit policies, guidelines and programs. Respond to a wide range of request for information and services to include the dissemination of that information, education and program interpretation plus research and resolution of disputes that arise. Interpret program and plan documents; work to respond in a timely, consistent and fair manner.
- Work closely with other benefits staff, employee group representatives, plan administrators and other personnel to provide timely and effective resolution of benefit related issues. Recommend processes and procedures to enhance department workflow and improve customer service and administration practices.
- Identify trends and advise the department supervisor of area s where employees frequently need additional assistance or clarification related to the design or administration of Welfare and Benefit programs.
- Keep abreast of current laws, legislation and administrative procedures relating to benefit programs. Understand and meet record keeping requirements for benefit programs.
- Process benefits Enrollment/Change forms according to the plan documentation and procedures. May received assistance with complex or unusual benefits enrollments/changes.
- Participate in planning and development of efficient administration processes and procedures.