Phlebotomist - FT - Mornings - 3:30a-12p - Lab
The Phlebotomist draws blood samples to be analyzed by laboratory personnel and interpreted by Pathologists such that patient diagnoses may be made.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Phlebotomy Training program and/or nationally recognized certification as a Phlebotomy Technician preferred.
- Computer skills required
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- One (1) year experience preferred.
- Meets CLIA regulation 493.1423.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with families in crisis.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Able to perform venous, arterial, capillary draws on adult and pediatric/neonatal patients as per procedure and without supervision.
- Identifies patients and labels all tubes, as per policy, without mislabeling
- Draws the correct amount and in the correct tubes/preserves specimens as needed to minimize redraws
- Draws and delivers blood to the lab in a timely manner
- Follows through on collections that have been re-scheduled
- Responds to patient codes as necessary.
- Selects appropriate type of needle based on patient’s physical needs and/or age
- Selects appropriate site. Rarely uses superficial veins
- Wears gloves and washes hands as per policy / Follows isolation procedures
- Uses correct order of draw and releases tourniquet after 1 minute.
- Minimizes rejection of specimens due to hemolysis, clotting, inadequate filling, wrong skin prep, etc.
- No more than 3 complaints/year injury to the patient, i.e. hematoma, swelling, leaving tourniquet on, or leaving supplies in the room.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Dresses in a manner that expresses professionalism.
- Committed to providing the highest quality of service and meeting our customers’ needs with utmost care and courtesy.
- Listens attentively to our customers in order to fully understand their needs and to deliver all messages with courtesy, clarity, and care. (i.e. giving directions, information, education)
- Recognizes that our customers’ time is valuable. Provides timely service.
- Uses proper elevator etiquette.
- Treats all information as confidential. Does not discuss patient affair matters where the information may be overheard. Ensures our patient’s right to privacy and modesty by creating and maintaining a secure and trusting environment.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe environment.
- Exhibits a sense of ownership toward the organization and your job.
- Compliant with lab and hospital policies, including parking in designated places.
- Performs QC as specified and verifies acceptable levels before reporting patient results.
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
Director of Laboratory…Assistant Director…Laboratory Supervisor