Usher - PRN - Days
To assist patrons at meetings, conferences or entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and meeting rooms.
- Sell and collect admission tickets and passes from patrons at entertainment events.
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color and date issued.
- Guide patrons to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to safety rules.
- Provide assistance with patrons' special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Direct patrons to restrooms, concession stands or meeting rooms.
- Refuse admittance to undesirable persons or persons without tickets or passes.
- Settle seating disputes and help solve other customer concerns.
- Assist patrons in finding seats, lighting the way with flashlights if necessary
- Search for lost articles or for parents of lost children.
- Count and record number of tickets collected.
- Distribute programs to patrons.
- Give door checks to patrons who are temporarily leaving establishments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in after hours and on call rotation schedule.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Good verbal communication skills required. Ability to communicate effectively and able to deal with a wide variety of people tactfully and courteously in person.
- Previous experience with theatrical or entertainment venues preferred.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.