Licensed Professional Counselor/ Licensed Masters Social Worker - FT - Days - Integrated Behavioral Healtha
The LPC/LMSW is responsible for providing high quality patient care in both the inpatient hospital setting and outpatient setting, displaying good skills in assessment of psychiatric need, crisis intervention, psycho diagnosis, treatment planning, individual therapy and discharge planning. The LPC/LMSW is expected to perform as a member of the medical treatment team for patients admitted in the acute physical care hospital setting as well as patients being treated at outpatient clinics. Specifically, this position will be asked to respond to critical situations within the DHR campus or any corresponding DHR clinics, assess for suicide risk, assess for appropriate level of care for patients based on presenting symptoms, provide bedside counseling services, follow up with patients on an outpatient basis and provide education to staff as well as patients and family members regarding services. This position may require traveling to local DHR/RMF clinics. This individual will work with other LPC/LMSW in providing services to patients, however must also be able to work independently. This individual must also possess organizational skills, good time management and prioritization, leadership skills, problem solving skills, communicate assertively, and demonstrate initiative. This individual must be able to be mobile & available to respond to consultation requests & crisis situations within a reasonable amount of time.
POSITION EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed Professional Counseling License in the State of Texas
- Licensed Master’s Social Worker, Marriage, Family, Child Counselor or license eligible in Texas
- Master’s Degree in social work, counseling or psychology from an accredited university
- Current BLS or Certification within 3 months of hire date
- CPI training within 30 days of hire date
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Three (3) years’ experience working with child; adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatric patients
- Experience providing psychiatric or counseling services to patients
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in behavioral medicine and physical rehabilitation
- Additional language preferred. Spanish helpful.
- Ability to work productively and effectively with minimal need for supervision
- Ability to function well as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Actively seeks opportunities for professional growth by attending educational seminars
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- High degree of competency/experience
- Requires good communication and organizational skills
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Work well with Medical & Psychiatric treatment team members to provide appropriate level of mental health services to patients at bedside.
- Document findings accurately and in a timely manner and formulate the plan of care based on findings
- Ability to represent the program well in interactions both inside and outside the hospital
- Complete assessments, consultations & documentation within policy timelines.
- Completes discharge plans for patients and follow up with patients on an outpatient basis for continuity of care.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
Supervisor of Counseling Services → 2. Vice President of Behavioral Health