Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) FT - Days - Med/Surg
Under the supervision and guidance of a licensed nurse RN, the CNA is responsible for assisting with direct patient care within the scope of their practice as well as other work on the unit which supports the patient environment. The CNA assists staff to ensure optimal patient care and assists the healthcare team to provide and maintain a clean, safe, and attractive environment for patients. Work will include components of direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation, transportation of patients and supplies, and general maintenance of the patient environment. The CNA is responsible for maintaining his/her own clinical and mandatory education requirements and for meeting the established standards of their profession as well as those accountable for his/her practice, assigned duties/patient care, and is an advocate for patients/families and their profession. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific patient populations and cultural diversity during the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care. Promotes an environment of care. Is willing to cross-train as unit clerk.
- Graduated from an accredited Certified Nurse Assistant program required
- Active Texas C.N.A license required.
- Current BLS/CPR certification required.
- Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- One (1) year continuous experience preferred.
- Able to adjust and/or troubleshoot monitoring equipment, and computer equipment.
- Exhibits tact, enthusiasm, and patience.
- Must have proficient organizational skills and computer skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practice
- Adhere to instructions issued by the department’s leadership and perform duties in accordance with established DHR routines, methods and techniques, and in compliance with the recognized policies, procedures, standards and practices and within the state Regulatory Acts
- Follows Standard Precautions and OSHA Guidelines. Follows specific precautions (i.e. MRSA, contact, respiratory) as necessary
- Prepare and maintain a record of observations and care given. Documents information clearly and completely.
- Assist with admissions to the unit, Orient family members/responsible parties to the unit; provide hospitality to patients families
- Maintain a safe, secure, comfortable environment for every patient.
- Participate in and receive report daily at patient’s bedside every start of shift. Plan and organize work assignment; prioritize the specific needs of patients.
- Support nursing staff in a calm, efficient manner during acute, emergency situations
- Measure and report vital signs: temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure
- Provide adequate care to ill/injured patients under the direction of the nursing staff.
- Monitor patients closely per DHR policies and procedures
- Accurately observe, recognize changes and report to nursing staff in a timely fashion. Communicate any changes from norm, or “unusual” observation to the nurse in a timely fashion. Report accidents, with of without injury, promptly to immediate supervisor.
- Comply with policies, procedures and specific protocols for patient lifts and transfers as designated by the care plan. Willingly seek help and assist others in lifting activities
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Registered Nurse, Director