Echo Sonographer- PRN - Varies - Cath Lab
Responsible for performing all assigned diagnostic cardiac ultrasound exams, trans-esophageal and cardio-vascular studies in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physician’s orders in the patient’s chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the cardiac sonographer technologist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. In addition, the cardiac sonographer technologist must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities. Assumes responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance. The cardiac sonographer technologist must be willing to accommodate for emergency situations and available on an on-call basis as scheduled.
- High School/GED required
- Associate of Science degree in diagnostic ultrasound, or a certificate of successful completion from a school of cardiac sonography.
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) required
- ARDMS is preferred or the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) certification required
- BLS Current required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- One (1) year experience in a healthcare setting as cardiac sonography tech preferred.
- Able to demonstrate competent levels of cardiac echocardiogram and trans-esophageal echocardiogram procedures.
- Previous experience in accreditation, quality or utilization management
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Responsible for performing all diagnostic cardiovascular procedures in a timely manner.
- Performs procedures according to physician's orders in the patient's chart or per prescription on outpatients.
- As a member of the care team, the cardiovascular sonographer technologist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care.
- In addition, the cardiac sonographer must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities.
- Assumes responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Performs at a proficient level, all tasks within the specialty area.
- Able to operate all appropriate clinical equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Able to perform the necessary functions on the facility's computer system.
- Performs all other duties as assigned within scope of practice.