Engineering Supervisor -FT - Varies
Responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of the Engineering Operations and compliance with all regulatory and patient care quality standards. Participates in departmental planning, budgeting, education and human resource management activities within this facility.
- High School/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management or other related field of study preferred.
- Must possess valid Texas driver’s license required.
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Minimum Seven (7) years of progressive engineering
- Two (2) years Supervisory Skills
- Practical experience in such fields as stationary engineering, generators & HVAC
- Possess knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building, mechanical, boiler and electrical maintenance repair and construction activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a working knowledge of heating and cooling, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and carpentry skills and the ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Knowledge in Federal, State and Local building codes and safety codes and safety regulations required.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Coordinates, organizes, and prioritizes the day-to-day activities of personnel engaged in Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Utility Mechanics, Locksmith, Paint Shop, Grounds Crew and Power Plant personnel.
- Ensures engineering staff complete work order assignments and all scheduled preventive maintenance in a safe and timely manner.
- Tours assigned Hospital areas to observe engineering staff in action and ensures all staff adheres to all Hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Review daily records of time spent on service requests, work orders, projects, etc. Completes appropriate reports
- Provides information for productions, progress, costs records and reports
- Conducts routine inspections of work performed.
- Evaluates staff performance and conducts annual Performance Review on a timely basis.
- Using the applicable codes; sets the standards of quality and acceptable work performance.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the trade which license is held.
- Assist with personnel matters commensurate with established policies.
- Follow State and Local Building Codes and NFPA Code Requirements.
- Subject to “On-Call”/”Call-In” after hours requirements to support emergencies.
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Reviews and comments on design, drawings and specifications.
- Work with outside vendors and agencies.
- Coordinate activities with customers to minimize disruptions to hospital services.
- Administers the safety program and acceptable trade procedures.
- Assist and guide the efforts of lower level technicians.
- Maintains a working knowledge of building utility systems, emergency procedures, and engineering policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of electrical, fire and environmental safety policies and procedures as they apply to the work environment.
- Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
- Other duties as assigned.