Assistant Vice President of Laboratory
Responsible for the administration of the DHR Laboratory Services. Coordinates a wide variety of Administrative, fiscal and technical activities for efficient operation of all laboratory services.
POSITION EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS & JOB KNOWLEDGE\EXPERIENCE:
- Master degree in Healthcare Administration, Master of Science in Health Science or Master of Business Administration with a preferred clinical degree (preferred).
- 10 years of medical and clinical experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Clinical Laboratory Leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent specialty certification (Required)
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA, and State/Federal laws governing medical services.
- Administrative, management, or supervisory experience.
- Exceptional leadership, mediation abilities, and multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and graphical representation principles.
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software.
- Must meet CLIA ’88 regulation 493.1405 and 493.1449.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reports directly to the Vice President Chief Laboratory Executive. Directs and Supervises the Laboratory Operations for in-patients and Renaissance Laboratories.