Clinical Research Community Health Worker - FT - Days
To be strategically engaged in clinical and translational research that benefits the community.
The Research Community Health Worker will be an integral part of the DHR Health Institute for Research and Development team. He or She will implement and evaluate the Bienestar Adult Healthy Lifestyle Program at DHR Health Institute for Research and Development, and DHR Health clinics and Hospital(s) in accordance to project guidelines. He or she will also coordinate and participates in the community representing and promoting the project in addition to participating in the trainings relating to the project. The Community Health Worker will conduct community meetings and visits to motivate, educate, promote, and encourage community participation in the project. He or she will have knowledge of the target population and be aware to the needs of the community in relation to the goal of the project. He or she will track community events and provides resources to participants/target population and assist in the outreach efforts.
POSITION EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of community health worker or related experience
- Bilingual is highly preferred– English/Spanish
- Completion of required Human Subject Research Protection Modules provided by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) and all Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training requirements (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Biology and Wellness preferred
POSITION SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
•Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on cultural sensitivity
•Computer skills required with vast knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
•Understands concepts of human subject research and is able to participate in and coordinate research programs in compliance with all codes of federal regulations (45 CFR 46 | HHS.gov)
- Maintains responsibility for indicated project according to established guidelines
- Liaises with principal investigators and/or trial coordinators/research assistants at collaborating institution to establish effective and productive partnerships.
- Communicates with, and trains staff anticipated to participate in any aspect of the project
- Maintains data captured throughout the duration of the project and in accordance to study guidelines.
- Maintains and coordinates distribution of an up-to-date reports to collaborating institution.
- Communicates any concerns regarding ethical issues or deviation from established DHR Health Institute for Research and Development policies & procedures
- Participates in DHR Health Institute for Research and Development group meetings to discuss status updates on project.
- Fosters collaboration and communication across the continuum of care for all study participants
- Educates patient/ caregivers on disease specific education
- Identifies barriers and provides solutions to help increase study participants participation
- Coordinate access to clinical and community based resources as appropriate
- Collects research study data according to protocol
- Conduct assessments according to study protocols
- Ensures the adherence of study protocol
- Maintains professional development.
- Promotes professional development of staff; participates as an active member on committees; attends and/or presents at educational rounds, journal club, etc.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new employees and pharmacy residents, as required
- All other duties as assigned.
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES:
- (Vice President of DHR Health Institute for Research and Development) → (President & Chief Executive Officer, DHR Health Institute for Research and Development)