Clinical System Specialist I - FT - Days - Cerner Informatics
Represents clinical areas in the planning, development, implementation, training, and maintenance processes for the assigned areas (Leads the application of appropriate information technology by defining required functionality and objectives.
- Modifies programming systems including testing and implementing to support organization's applications systems.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Assist with supervision with the writing of manuals for users to describe usage and operating procedures.
- Relies on support and guidance from Level II and Engineer experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Works under immediate supervision and development
- Once available, successfully completes Cerner Fundamentals course
- Provides first level of end-user support
- Assist with System build, maintenance, support and workflow strategies
- Accepts as additional responsibilities as needed to support department needs
- High School/GED required
- Associates degree in healthcare, business or IT related field required, Bachelors preferred; ADN required for Clinical Nurse, Bachelors preferred.
- Healthcare background or experience
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Minimum of (0-3) years hospital information systems implementation, analysis, and support experience
-Cerner Core experience preferred
- Technical or Clinical background
- Strong hospital operations knowledge, including HIPAA
- Able to translate technical terms to non-technical users
- Analytical skills, basis computer, math and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of all state and Federal regulations
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Analyze a change of events and apply technical knowledge by following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
- Analyze and help define business requirements including new design and change requests.
- Participate in testing and validation of code upgrades and issue resolution.
- Handle production problems and provide support to clinicians, business owners, and IS teams
- Understand the concepts of change control principals and working in a environment in which changes or modifications could affect multiple sites.
- Be available to be part of the 24/7 on-call team on a rotating basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Director of Clinical Informatics, Chief Nursing Information Officer