(AV) Technical Operations Manager
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must obtain BLS certification from the American Heart Association within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); Interpret policy; procedures and data; tactful dealings with all areas of staff; maintain emotional control under stress.
- Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Work prolonged and irregular hours.
- Flexible scheduling to offset irregular hours scheduled after 5PM and weekends.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Heavy amount of standing, climbing, bending and lifting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Five (5) years experience working with public events venues as a production technician with an emphasis in lighting, audio, video and production operations.
- An extensive understanding of lighting and audio systems with intricate knowledge of advanced theatrical lighting board operations and digital mixers.
- Ability to design, hang, focus, program and operate lighting for an array of varied departments and events. Extensive operational, installation and working knowledge of intelligent lighting fixtures required including DMX encoding.
- Knowledge and experience working with video and AV equipment such as projectors, computers, projector screens and video cameras.
- Ability to operate an intricate remote camera system with audio/video switcher.
- Knowledge and experience designing and managing sound with digital sound board, general stage sound and individual microphone systems for various events. Must have audio mixing experience with emphasis on live event mixing and music recording/editing; as well as the ability to transport and set up traveling sound reinforcement for live events.
- Ability and knowledge to set up and control sound /AV systems for events not located at the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance in which travel may be necessary to provide systems for offsite events for meetings and seminars.
- Must have the ability to install, maintain and repair audio and lighting fixtures and equipment.
- Knowledge of stage rigging and the workings of backstage operations are required.
- Experience working closely with different directors, departments, including different entities that rent or use the facility and the ability to tactfully adapt to their needs depending on the event.
- The ability to act as House Manager and work with support staff such as Box Office, Security, Usher and Custodial personnel on occasion.
- Knowledge of theatrical terms and theatrical equipment in order to clearly communicate with businesses to research new theatrical technology to be used in the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance.
- Planning and conducting varied and complex theatrical operations; speaking clearly and effectively; writing legible and effectively; and knowledge of office software and computer applications are required.
- Some travel required.
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the organizational wide direction and facilitation of performance assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Quality/Performance Improvement program in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Work cooperatively with Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance and staff to assure each event and production scheduled in the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance run efficiently and effectively.
- Repair and maintain all theatrical lighting and audio equipment keeping it in maximum working condition at all times.
- Provide support for the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance staff by: developing and editing music recordings; serving as a resource of information by maintaining knowledge of current equipment and theatrical technology; make creative recommendations based on the various needs of the event and director; and maintain a tactful working relationship with all staff.
- Actively participate and provide input in the creative process during pre and post production meetings with Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance.
- Prepare for and attend all scheduled events in the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance carrying out assigned tasks which may include: light and sound board, backstage or front of house operations.
- Install, operate and maintain all theatrical lighting equipment with an emphasis on the operation of Intelligent Lighting fixtures.
- Serve as the primary Audio Engineer which may require travel throughout the area away from the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance
- Perform clerical duties related to the purchasing of technical equipment needed by Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance. Perform office routines and practices associated with a productive and efficiently operated office.
- Oversees inventory for Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance including lighting systems, sound systems and other production equipment assigned to Technical Operations Engineer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance Director.
- Other duties as assigned.