RN-Clinical System Specialist II - FT - Days - Cerner Informatics
Represents clinical areas in the planning, development, implementation, training, and maintenance processes for the assigned areas (Leads the application of appropriate information technology by defining required functionality and objectives.
- Modifies programming systems including testing and implementing to support organization's applications systems.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Expected to write documentation to describe program changes, development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Writes manuals for users to describe usage and operating procedures.
- Functions as resource for Clinical Specialist I
- Familiar with relational databases and client-server concepts.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Once available, successfully completes Cerner Fundamentals course.
- Engages with end-users on system requirements
- Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Assists with system selection, implementation, build, maintenance, education and support with Engineer support
- Will participate in after hours on-call schedule
- ADN required for Clinical Nurse, Bachelors preferred.
- Healthcare background or experience
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Minimum of 2-5 years hospital information systems implementation, analysis, and support experience
-Cerner experience preferred
- Technical or Clinical background
- Strong hospital operations knowledge, including HIPAA
- Able to translate technical terms to non-technical users
- Analytical skills, basis computer, math and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of all state and Federal regulations
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Will possess or obtain system or related certifications
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Analyze a change of events and apply technical knowledge by following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
- Analyze and help define business requirements including new design and change requests.
- Participate in testing and validation of code upgrades and issue resolution.
- Handle production problems and provide support to clinicians, business owners, and IS teams
- Understand the concepts of change control principals and working in a environment in which changes or modifications could affect multiple sites.
- Be available to be part of the 24/7 on-call team on a rotating basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Director of Clinical Informatics, Chief Nursing Informatics Officer
Provide excellent customer service to all DHR customers. All employees are required to attend the DHR C.A.R.E.S program which outlines the Customer Service Principals including: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence through Knowledge and Safety & Social Conscience.