Billing Specialist - Cardiology
This position is responsible for the financial activities of all patient accounts to include but not limited to all of the following: cashiering, bank deposits and reconciliation, refunds, posting of cash and adjustments, scanning, collections, working AR including denials, review and mailing of patient statements, providing excellent customer service on bills of those patients calling or stopping by the department and provides explanation for any inquiries.
- • High School/GED required.
• Medical Office Specialist certificate, preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet.
• EMR experience preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Bilingual – English/Spanish – required.
- • Two (2) years experience in a physician or hospital business office.
• Experience working with Excel spreadsheet is required.
- • Enters Office visit, office and hospital procedures, ancillary procedures and EKG reading charges for into the computer system and reconciles to the system report or scans the charges to the billing vendor as needed.
• Sends billing daily to carriers via electronic batches and reconciles batches daily.
• Posts live commercial, co-pay and other payments as received daily.
• Prepares deposit for Office Manager's review and daily deposit.
• Downloads electronic EOBs and posts to the system, reconciles batches per system software protocols.
• Balances ERA's with the bank statement as needed
• Works all correspondence received, including zero payments, denials and other information received from ins. carriers on a daily basis.
• Works AR daily as assigned by the Supervisor, noting all comments in the system. Carriers to include Medicaid, VA, HMO’s, managed Medicare etc.
• Receives calls from outside offices and assists other staff with questions regarding payments, EOB’s and reasons for denials as requested by the patient at the office.
• Helps to answer phones with any customer service questions from the public or ins. carriers as needed.
• Uses TMHP portal to review patients who are pending Medicaid numbers in order to add those numbers to billings for hospital procedures in order to bill in a timely manner.
• Submits claims through the TMHP web portal daily.
• Sends day end report to Billing Supervisor or billing vendor, ensuring that all daily tasks are complete and ready for review.
• Meet with patients who have balances and need to make payment arrangements, as needed.
• Helps with any customer service questions relating to billing or balances owed as needed.
• Take messages from the voice mail line, returning calls, and helping patients, as needed.
• Goes to the bank, Hidalgo county office and/or post office as needed.
• Cross trained to all areas of the Business office.
• Other duties as assigned.